Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Sports Disappointment

There are few things worse than sports disappointment, and right now I'm going through the throes of the aforementioned affliction. Seriously, the Celtics should have swept the series against the Orlando Magic on Monday. I'm not even talking about how poorly they played the majority of the game, if not the entire match. I'm mostly frustrated by the fact that, at tie game, they had the ball with 14.6 seconds left...and didn't even get a shot off! How does that happen? I'll tell you a principle factor in that horrible display-his name is Paul Pierce. I like Pierce, but he really stunk up the court at the end. I mean, how do you not get a shot off at the end of regulation, AND miss two open threes at the end of OT in the same night?
Tonight, it hasn't been much better, but this time the refs suck, too. That technical on Perkins was utter crap! Along with the ten million other technical fouls called. They're getting ridiculous with their foul-calling, and it is not appreciated by this Celtics fan. I am incredibly incensed at all the foul trouble.
Basically, sports disappointment is a terrible thing to experience. You are completely helpless and yet you feel even you could do better at getting the job done. I plan my whole year around sports. Fall is for football, winter is basketball, spring and summer is a combination of tennis and golf, and it starts over again. Before this year when the Wildcats went back to the top, my years were a sports disaster-one step past sports disappointment. UK football always disappoints, though a few games here and there have cheered me up, UK basketball was basically division two at the end of the Tubby era and the two year train wreck that was Billy G, Nadal was injured, and Tiger was fading and having issues. I had nothing to excite me, because excitement brought hope, hope got destroyed, destruction of hope brought an onslaught of SD (sports disappointment).
Despite having SD in the past, each year brings a fresh start, and I never will stop watching sports even with the possibility of watching my teams lose. Sports is what I live for! My life would be almost empty without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment