Friday, July 30, 2010

DeMarcus Cousins

Out of the five UK players that were drafted during the first round to the NBA, I think DeMarcus Cousins is my favorite. Don't get me wrong, I love John Wall and he deserves to be the first pick. He has a finesse unlike any other, and he makes incredible plays in crucial moments. But how often do you find a big man with the skill and agility of Cousins? Let me give you a hint-rarely.
Cousins is already dominant in the NBA summer league, and he's one year removed from High School. People talked about his "questionable" attitude, but compare him to other 19 year olds and I'd say he handles himself very well. He gets it done on the court.
As the fifth pick in the first round, there were plenty of skeptics, but it seems everyone has finally jumped on the D. Cousins bandwagon. Everyone loves him! He should have gone sooner in the draft, but that's all water under the bridge now. It's been a while, probably since Shaq, that we've seen such a dominant big man. He will shine against the man-to-man defense of the NBA, because no one can stop him. I usually only watch the playoffs since the season is so long, but I may watch more of the regular season now. I am greatly looking forward to seeing a Wildcat out there showing the other players how to play real basketball.

No comments:

Post a Comment